12/19/2016

How to Restore iPhone Messages after Restoring Factory Settings

“I was told by an Apple employee that my iPhone software was corrupted and that I should restore my iPhone to its factory settings. He said that when prompted to restore from a backup to choose to set it up as a new phone, so as to prevent myself from restoring corrupted settings/files. My issue here is that I want to keep my text messages. Once I’ve essentially wiped my iPhone and made it new. Can I restore only my saved text messages? I have located the file on my PC where my texts are saved from backups. Can I essentially copy that over to the new backup? Any other options?”

This the the problem of one iPhone user, it would be some of iPhone users’ problem as well. How to restore iPhone messages after restoring factory settings? It would be a panic if you lost iPhone messages after performing factory restore. Don’t worry, in this post we will show you the ways to restore iPhone messages after restoring factory.

When you restoring iPhone to factory settings, the data might have been overwritten during the restoring. It sounds impossible to recover data from iPhone after factory setting restore. You could use the iPhone data recovery software to help you recover iPhone lost data after factory restore.

iRefone- iPhone data recovery is the best data recovery tool in the market. This tool could help you recover iPhone data lost due to restore by extracting iCloud and iTunes backup. It supports data like messages, contacts, notes, photos, whatsapp, wechat and more. It is fully compatible with iOS 10 and the latest iPhone 7(Plus).



Restore iPhone Lost Messages after Factory Restore from iTunes

Step 1 Run iRefone and choose “Recover from iTunes Backup” as the recovery mode. There will be some backup files listed on the interface. Click on “Select” to choose the backup of iPhone you need.



Step 2 The the software will ask you choose the data you want to display an preview in the iTunes backup. Click on the icon of the Messages to start the scanning.



Step 3 When the scanning is finished, all of the messages you choose in the iTunes backup will be displayed in the interface. Preview them one by one and pick out these messages you need.



Restore iPhone Lost Messages after Factory Restore from iCloud

Step 1 Choose “Recover from iCloud Backup” as recovery mode. Then you will see the interface below. Log in to iCloud account with Apple ID and password.



Step 2 After log into iCloud account, the program can find all iCloud backup backup files in your iCloud account. Choose one iCloud backup you need to recover data and click “Download” to start the download of your iCloud backup.



Step 3 When the downloading is finished, it will ask you choose the data you want to preview, just choose the messages that you need to retrieve.



Step 4 Preview these messages in the software and choose these one you need to recover to PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment